Friday, March 12, 2010

Welcome to My Head

I admit it. I don't usually say what I am thinking. I enjoy being polite and having friends! But sometimes, I find that I don't say "it" even when "it" needs to be said. I have a virtual friend who really lets it all hang out. She says exactly what is on her mind, she is who she is at all times. I want to be that authentic. So I have decided to experiment with this blog. So if you don't really want to know who I really am, if you are happy knowing me as a mommy, wife, daughter, and mild mannered citizen, I encourage you to stick with my family blog.

This is not a forum for me to gossip. Such drivel ruins relationships and hurts feelings. Rather, you will hear real commentary on my life, being a mother, my faith, my struggles, and so on. I have been (rightly so) accused of overthinking, overanalyzing, and overreacting. So I generally try to stifle those reflexes. But in time, I have come to understand that most good writing is an exercise in self evaluation, belly gazing if you will. And that, my dear reader, is the crux of this experiment. I am a writer in my heart and soul, and always have been. It's time I reclaim that interest, and see how far I can take it.

Thanks for reading. I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment